Monday, April 1, 2013

Dinner with Kathy

When I explained to my father that I wanted a farm raised, organic lamb for Easter, one that the farmer took such good care of, he may even have named it, he brushed it off saying, "Yeah, yeah, this lamb is called Kathy." And, so, we ate little Kathy, marinated in rosemary.

Navigating Easter was much easier than I had anticipated, my parents were relieved that I had agreed to eat some meat, and so didn't pressure me when I only had one lamb chop.  I somehow completely avoided the jelly bean bowl, and in my moment of almost weakness, I quickly cut up an orange and placed it strategically between me and the jelly beans, shaming myself into the healthier option.  And today I feel good, I even woke up wanting my morning juice over the mountains of cakes and pastries left over from dessert.

Kathy at the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment